Friday 2 September 2011

Everyone Around Me Is Getting Engaged, Married Or Pregnant... I'm Just Getting Drunk

Quite literally, I am drinking a glass of wine as I write this post. Okay, maybe not drunk but I am enjoying a drink. Why not? It's Friday night.

Facebook is a terrible thing. I'm not saying that I am prepared to give it up, but it is terrible. It lets you know of all the wonderful things your old friends from high-school and general past are doing, and makes you question yourself and place in life.

I have so many old friends who have gotten married, bought houses, had beautiful children, have wonderful careers, etc. And what am I doing? Desperately untagging all the photos of myself being shit-faced drunk last Saturday night, before anyone sees them.

If I could time travel into the past, I wouldn't change anything. My experiences have made me who I am today but it's just that years ago, I would have thought that I would be somewhere other than where I am now.

I don't know what the future holds. 10 years from now I would like to have met that special someone to share my life with, but what I have learnt from the past is to expect the unexpected. You never know what is around the corner, just waiting for you. It could be something bad, or something wonderful. Either way, I will take it. I have no other choice but to take what comes and try to make the best of it.

Hope it's good :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment