Monday 29 August 2011

My Day Job...

Well, just finished my first shift of the week at my day job... The job that pays the bills... The one I call "my dead-end job" and now I am enjoying a glass of wine and a ridiculously large slice of pizza, while I type out this post.

I have to admit, I actually love my job. I call it a "dead end job" because there is no chance of promotion. Where I am at, is where I will stay as long as I am working there. I am an ambitious person, a little lazy and very unfocused, but ambitious. I enjoy my day job, the hours I work, the people I work with, and the people I work for. It's just that I know that I am capable of so much more. If only I could get my shit together, and focus.

I have a second job... And a third job... And a forth job. Like I said, I'm unfocused.

My second job is "Creator and Chief Sound/Audio Engineer for SoundWave FX" Despite the name of the business which I know is lame, the job title sounds impressive doesn't it? Well... Not really. I make brainwave entrainment music while wearing my pyjamas. It is a passion of mine I must admit, and I am quite good at it. Small market though. It's a niche that practically no one has ever heard of.

My third job... Affiliate Marketing. Anyone who has ever tried to make money from blogging knows what this entails. There is certainly no need for getting dressed up for work when you work as an Affiliate Marketer. Actually, I am both an Affiliate Marketer, and Affiliate Manager as I run my own affiliate program and manage my own affiliates. Again, all done in my pyjamas.  Maybe this whole pyjama thing is the reason why I am lacking focus?

My forth job... I'm an Artist and yes, I do it wearing my pyjamas. I feel that it is totally acceptable to create art while wearing my pyjamas. Nothing wrong with it. I refuse to feel guilty for wearing pyjamas while working on my art. End of story.

As you can see, I like to work. If I am not working my day job, then I am working on one of the three other "pyjama jobs" that I have. Hell, I even hope to make money through monetizing this blog, but that is just between you and me. I'm not just working to pay off the few debts that I have accumulated over the last few years, I'd be doing it even if I was debt-free. Fact is, I'm a Capricorn... 'Nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment